Some Finished Projects
I finally finished my crib bedding this weekend. I had taken on all of these sewing projects a couple of months ago and haven't had time nor the energy to finish them.
I wanted to pick a semi unisex material so that I could use it for future children, boy or girl. I saw a paisley material which is a little more feminine but the colors were boy colors, so I thought it was a good balance. I decided that I would just make the quilt in this material and then buy the bumpers and bed skirt.
Well, I couldn't find any bumpers that I liked or that matched, so I went back to the fabric store to buy some more material to make mine own. Bad news, the material was all gone:( Instead I had to go with another related material that had a matching patch of the paisley design on it...the only downfall was there is ONE flower square in the material, which doesn't make it totally unisex and slightly girlie...oh well. Anyway, it is finished, YAY! My other project was this baby outfit. A couple of weeks ago I was at a thrift store shopping and saw this white jumpsuit, thinking I could turn it into a blessing outfit for K. It cost $5, so if I totally botched the project it wouldn't be much of a loss. The first feature that absolutely had to go was this nasty boat bib- gross. So I ripped it off and used the bib material to create a collar and tie.
Here is the end result.

No comments:
Post a Comment