Strippin' ain't easy!
Well, at least the chemical kind...I can't really testify about the complex art of pole dancing. Maybe someday I can conquer the pole like Gma W (haha, inside family joke)
UGH! I got this stupid idea that I could re-stain our table and chairs this summer. A weekend project, right? Lets just say I finally finished this last week.
Don't give into HGTV's hype about DIY projects, so not worth it.
Anyway, Husbie and I inherited my childhood dining room chairs to help set up house as newly weds. They are great sturdy chairs except I wasn't in love with the light wood and couldn't stand the uncomfortable straw seats. If you were wearing shorts and sat bare legged on these seats you got this nasty skin indentation on your legs that looked worse than cottage cheese cellulite.
I bought some pads and cheap upholstery fabric ($3 to be exact) and covered the straw. My friend was nice enough to let me borrow her sander, but the only problem was the finish on the chairs was like a million coats thick. Unfortunately I had to go through the painstaking process of stripping and scraping it off. Well this didn't work the best because I would get all set up and start in on the process, then K would wake up from a nap and I'd have to go back inside. It turned into the never ending, dreadful project that wouldn't go away. A pain in me arse.
Husbie finally asked a month ago...so, when are we going to have a table again?
My other friend (yes, I have two friends, hard to believe, huh?) was kind enough to let me camp in her garage for the past two weeks so I could finish these dumb things and she helped watch K for me. Thanks so much!

No comments:
Post a Comment